JOB OPPORTUNITY: Online Campaign Manager
Career Opportunity: Online Campaign Manager at Netcentric Campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Netcentric Campaigns seeks a senior level Online Campaign Manager. Netcentric Campaigns is a division of Green Media Toolshed, a nonprofit organization that specializes in building advocacy networks to successfully champion social and policy change. Netcentric Campaigns provides training in online networking strategy, network assessments and scanning of online activity, consultation on online campaigns, and customized online networking tools and services.
The Online Campaign Manager is responsible for building and supporting advocacy networks. S/he will work with smart, seasoned Directors of Internet Strategy and will interact with our Founder & President on project work. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has well-rounded communications skills, and moves projects ahead with little guidance. S/he will have the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and resolve conflicts with team member and vendors. S/he will have experience in managing 2-3 team members and will successfully work on multiple projects with multiple supervisors. We’re looking for someone who has an unyielding commitment to high standards as well as a tenacious approach to testing and troubleshooting. We want someone who sweats the details, will work well under tight deadlines, and can shift gears easily when a project changes direction.
Skills and Strengths
Technical skills and strengths:
- 3 years minimum experience with XHTML/HTML/CSS.
- 2 years minimum experience with Graphics and User Interface design.
- 2 years minimum experience with PHP & Drupal development.
- Experience with online ads (creative, specs, placement, management, reporting).
- Experience with analytics & reporting (web, social networks, email).
- Experience with broadcast email (testing, segmentation, tracking, spam protocols).
- Managing a CMS.
- Developing functional specifications to meet user needs.
- Experience with online organizing and campaign tools such as Salsa, Convio, Mobile Commons, and NGP VAN.
- Database de-duping.
- Search engine optimization.
- Google Maps, YouTube and other embeddable widgets.
- Mobile technology and applications.
- Appreciation for documenting code and processes.
Project Management skills and strengths:
- Thrive while working on a variety of campaigns and running multiple projects in parallel.
- Leverage established negotiation skills to work with vendors and clients.
- Show demonstrated diligence in troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Be comfortable managing small projects.
- Display strong leadership skills.
- Be comfortable leading peers.
- Successfully work directly with clients.
- Scope and implement contracts with vendors and consultants.
- Train and support non-technical staff and clients on use of systems.
- Get things done by being creative and resourceful while still meeting deadlines, working within project goals and meeting our organization’s mission.
- Support internet strategy director(s) with technical, project management and client service responsibilities.
- Create campaign landing pages & microsites.
- Create email campaigns and action alerts.
- Develop functional specifications and RFPs for web and tech development projects.
- Conceptualize and implement individual technical requests from clients.
- Track and report data analytics.
- Manage supporter database (import/export/list maintenance).
- Regularly produce & send html emails (dynamic content, list segmentation, implementing tracking URLs, scheduling).
- Manage projects on budget and on schedule.
- Manage portions of project staff, perhaps on a daily and whole project basis.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Evaluate vendor bids.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Manage staff and working in a variety of team structures.
- Be politically savvy and diplomatic.
- Have a history of having the ability to understand and navigate client/network politics.
- Ability to focus on technology development from a client perspective.
- Experience managing 2-4 concurrent projects.
- Experience with developing and/or managing an online advocacy campaign (candidate or issue).
- Experience with use of broadcast email tools, segmentation, conditionalized content, and tracking urls for advocacy campaigns.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of social media strategy.
The compensation range for this position is likely $60,000 - $90,000, depending on experience and qualifications. We offer a superior benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, fully paid health insurance for employees and their dependents, generous paid time off, an annual professional development allowance, options for flexible work schedules and telecommuting, and a commitment to team unity and wellness.
How to Apply
Send your application packet via email to email@example.com. Please include the following five items with your application packet:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter that summarizes your experience and indicates why you are interested in this position and in working at our organization.
- Three or four professional references (at least one reference should be someone you managed within the past 3 years).
- Three to five examples of websites that you either designed, developed or managed. Describe your role in the design/development of each and point to any particularly noteworthy aspects of your work.
- If available, an example of an online campaign or campaign email that you created and implemented.
Green Media Toolshed is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept solicitations from job placement and recruiting services.